WBSCTE VOCLET 2023 – West Bengal State Council of Technical Education Vocational Lateral Entry Test :
The WBSCTE VOCLET 2023 exam, also known as the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education Vocational Lateral Entry Test, is given to applicants seeking admission to diploma programmes at West Bengal-based polytechnic institutes by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. The following Polytechnics accept VOCLET Scores:
|A.P.C. Roy Polytechnic||Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Polytechnic||Air Technical Training Institute||Asansol Polytechnic||B.P.C. Institute of Technology||Bengal Institute of Technology|
|Birla Institute of Technology||Central Calcutta Polytechnic||Central Footwear Training Centre||Contai Polytechnic||Coochbehar Polytechnic||Dr. Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology|
|Dumkol Polytechnic||Engineering Institute for Junior Executives||Falakata Polytechnic||Harasankar Bhattacharya Institute of Tech. & Mining||Hooghly Institute of Technology||I.C.V. Polytechnic|
|Jalpaiguri Polytechnic Institute||Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic||K.G. Engineering Institute||Kalna Polytechnic||Kanpur Polytechnic||Kingston Polytechnic College|
|M.B.C. Institute of Engineering & Technology||Malda Polytechnic||Murshidabad Institute of Technology||Nazrul Centenary Polytechnic||North Calcutta Polytechnic||Purulia Polytechnic|
|Raiganj Polytechnic||Ramakrishna Mission Shilpapitha||Regional Institute of Printing Technology||Women’s Polytechnic, Chandannagar||Women’s Polytechnic, Jodhpur Park||Kingston Polytechnic College|
|Saroj Mohan Institute of Technology||Shaikhpara A.R.M. Polytechnic||Siliguri Government Polytechnic||Sree Ramakrishna Shilpa Vidyapith||The Calcutta Technical School||West Bengal Survey Institute|
WBSCTE VOCLET 2023 Important Dates
Date of Notification & Start of Online Registration
- Yet to be announced.
Last Date of Submission of Application Form
- Yet to be announced.
Date of Entrance Exam
- Yet to be announced.
Date of Declaration of Result
- Yet to be announced.
WBSCTE VOCLET 2022 was held on
- 7th May 2022
WBSCTE VOCLET 2023 Eligibility
The West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development’s (Vocational Education Division) 10+2 Exam, or the 2-year ITI plus Madhyamik or an equivalent examination, should have been passed or taken by the prospective applicants.
WBSCTE VOCLET 2023 Syllabus
WBSCTE VOCLET consists of questions from the following subjects/topics.
- Laws of Indices, Complex Numbers, Algebra of Complex Numbers, cube roots of unity and its properties, D-Moivre’s Theorem. simple problems. Sequence and Series: A.P., G.P. Quadratic Equations. Solutions of Quadratic Equation in the complex number system.
- Binomial Th, the definition of permutation – combination with formulae, Binomial Theorem for a positive integral index.
- Trigonometric ratios of associated angles: compound angles – multiple and sub-multiple angles.A general solution of a trigonometric equation. Inverse circular function.
- An angle between two straight lines, a condition of parallelism and perpendiculars of two straight lines, a distance of a point from a given line. Calculus: Function, identity polynomial, rational, modulus, and signum functions with their graphs even, odd, periodic, and parametric functions.
- Differential calculus, limit and continuity, differentiation of parametric, log arithmetic, and implicit functions.
- Integral calculus: Integration by substitution, by parts. Definite integral – evaluation of the definite integral. Application of definite integral. Differential equation: solution of a differential equation of 1st order. The solution of the homogeneous differential equation of 1st order and 1st degree.
- Standard equation of a circle, simple properties of parabola, ellipse, hyperbola.
- The general term, and the middle term. Matrix. Determinant, Cramer’s rule.
- Successive differentiation up to 2nd order problems. Application of derivatives.
- Coordinate system, Distance between two points, section formulae, and formulae for an area of a triangle – problems, straight-line – different forms.
- Vector: addition of vectors, dot product, cross product position vector of a point dividing a line segment in a given ratio.
- Units of measurement; Dimension of physical quantities, Motion in a straight line; definitions, Graphical analysis.
- The frame of reference to Newton’s laws. Law of conservation of linear momentum.
- Moment of inertia and radius of gyration. Law of gravitation. Gravitational potential. Thermal physics –thermal expansion; ideal gas laws, isothermal and adiabatic processes; anomalous expansion calorimetry, Cp, Cv. Thermal equilibrium, zeroth law / first law of thermodynamics. The equation of state of a perfect gas, Kinetic theory of gases.
- Equations of motions. Scalar and vector quantities, Scalar and vector products of vectors.
- Friction, Uniform circular motion; vehicle on a level circular road / banked road. Work, Energy & Power. Centre of mass, Moment / angular momentum, Problems.
- Kepler’s laws of planetary motion, geostationary satellite. Elastic behavior, Hooke’s law; Young modulus, bulk modulus, the shear modulus of rigidity, Poison’s ratio; elastic energy. Pascal’s law and its application.
- Heat transfer, Newton’s law of cooling, thermal conductivity.
- Periodic motion, Simple harmonic motion; Simple pendulum, free, damped and forced vibration, resonance.
- Chemical industries. Chemical Equation, Percentage composition, empirical formula, molecular formula, Problems. Extranuclear Structure of Atom: Orbital, subshell, shell. Quantum numbers. Pauli Exclusion Principle, Hund’s rule of maximum multiplicity. Auf-bau principle. Ground state electronic configuration of atoms. Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties: a present form of the periodic table, S – block and P – block elements. Periodic trend.
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Hybridization involving s and p orbitals and shapes of some simple molecules. Hydrogen Bond. Gaseous State of Matter: numerical problems. Liquid State of Matter. Thermodynamics System: Types of a system, Work, heat, energy, First Law of Thermodynamics – internal energy and enthalpy, Entropy, and Gibbs Free Energy. Second Law of Thermodynamics.
- Equilibrium and Acidimetry–Law of Mass Action, Le Chatelier Principle – simple application. pH and pH scale. Buffer solution. The simple calculation of pH. Acidimetry and Alkalimetry. Hydrogen, Water: Expression / Estimation of hardness of the water. Estimation of hardness of the water. Important water quality parameters and their significance.
- Hydrogen Peroxide. Preparation and Use of Sodium carbonate, sodium hydroxide, calcium oxide, bleaching powder, borax, and limestone. Organic Chemistry and Organic Compounds: Estimation of nitrogen. Classification of organic compounds. IUPAC nomenclature, Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes, Arenes, Fuels, Petrochemicals, Lubricants. Environmental Chemistry: Air Pollution, Water Pollution, Soil Pollution.
Fundamentals of Mechanics
- The concept of Engineering Mechanics: Statics & Dynamics, Scalar quantity, Vector quantity, Addition & subtraction of Vectors. The system of Forces: Definition of Force, System of Co-planner forces, Resultant Force, problems. Moment & its Applications: Definition& Type, Physical significance, Simple problems.
- Equilibrium of Force system: Lami’s theorem, Condition of equilibrium of co-planner & concurrent force / non-concurrent force system, related problems. Friction: Concept of Friction & its types, Simple problems. Simple Lifting Machines: Definition of common terms, Study of Simple machines.
- Simple related problems. Centre of Gravity: Concept & definition, Formulae for centroids of simple areas. Simple related problems. Moment of Inertia: Definition, Theorems, Radius of Gyration, related problems. General Awareness.
- Introduction to Computer Systems: Definition, Evolution, Generations, Computer Systems, Computer Organization, Input Devices, Output Devices, Computer Memory, Number Systems and Computer Codes.
Computer Software and Programming Languages
Definition and classification of software, DOS: Working with MS-DOS Commands, Algorithm, Flowchart, Concepts of High and Low-Level Languages, Windows OS, Word Processing, Spread Sheet, Internet: Browsing, Use of search engines, E-mail. Numerical Aptitude.
WBSCTE VOCLET 2023 Pattern
WBSCTE VOCLET comprises objective-type multiple-choice questions from the level of qualifying exams.
WBSCTE VOCLET Exam 2023
DatesWBSCTE VOCLET is usually held in the month of May/June.
WBSCTE VOCLET Exam 2023 Fee
WBSCTE VOCLET fee is as follows.
|For OMR Application Form|
|Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for Kanyashree enrollees)|
|For Online Application||Rs. 450/- (Rs. 225/- for Kanyashree enrollees)|
WBSCTE VOCLET Test 2023 Centres
WBSCTE VOCLET will be conducted at the following centres.
- Birbhum, Bankura
- Dakshin Dinajpur, Darjeeling
- Hooghly, Howrah
- Jalpaiguri, Jhargram
- Malda, Murshidabad
- North 24 Parganas, Nadia
- Purulia, Purba Medinipur, Purba Bardhaman, Paschim Bardhaman, Paschim Medinipur
- South 24 Parganas
- Uttar Dinajpur