VITREE/VIT Ph.D. 2023: Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The official website of VIT Vellore, vit.ac.in, has announced the date of the VITEEE 2023 exam. The VIT Engineering Entrance Exam 2023 is scheduled to be conducted from April 17 to 23, 2023. To apply for the VITEEE application form, candidates can log in to the VITEEE portal on the website. Those interested in seeking BTech admission at VIT Vellore or any other campus can register for the VITEEE 2023 exam. The last date to complete the VITEEE 2023 registration process is March 31, 2023. It is advisable for students to keep a close eye on the VITEEE 2023 official website for the latest news and updates.
The VITEEE Entrance Exam 2023 is detailed on the official website vit.ac.in, including the VITEEE registration form 2023.
The VITEEE syllabus for 2023 consists of five sections in the question paper, which are Mathematics/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, General Aptitude, and English.
There will be a total of 125 multiple-choice questions in the VIT entrance exam 2023, with 1 mark awarded for each correct answer. It is noteworthy that VITEEE 2023 has no negative marking system.
VITEEE counseling will be conducted in an offline mode.
VITREE/VIT Ph.D. Test 2023 Important Dates
Date of Notification and Start of Online Registration
- To be notified.
Last Date of Submission of Application Form
- To be notified.
Date of Entrance Exam
- To be notified.
Date of Declaration of Result
- To be notified.
VIT Ph.D. The 2022 Entrance Exam was held on-
- 4th and 5th June 2022
Programmes Offered at VIT:
Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering – Bioinformatics, Information Security, Data Science, Internet of Things, Data Analytics, Networking & Security, AI, and Machine Learning, Cyber-Physical Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Gaming Technology, Cyber security & Digital Forensics, Block Chain Technology, Artificial Intelligence, and Robotics, Robotics & Health Informatics.
Computer Science and Engineering with Business systems (in collaboration with TCS)
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering – Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics, Biomedical, Embedded Systems & VLSI
Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Electronics and Computer Engineering
Mechanical – Automotive Engineering
Mechatronics and Automation
Production and Industrial Engineering
VIT Ph.D. 2023 Entrance Exam Eligibility
For M.Tech (By Research)
- Aspiring candidates should have passed a bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology Master’s degree in Science or a Master’s degree in Computer Applications (with Physics and Mathematics at the Bachelor’s level) with first-class or a minimum of 60% aggregate marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale. OR
- Applicants with M.Sc Computer Science or MCA willing to do a Ph.D. can register for M.Tech (by Research).
- Aspiring candidates should have passed a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first-class (or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale. OR
- For Languages, a Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks. OR
- A Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Management with a first-class (or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
- Aspiring candidates should have passed a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant discipline with a first-class or a minimum of 60% marks / CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale or equivalent qualifications like M.Sc (Engineering) / M.S (By Research.) / M.Tech (by Research). OR
- Applicants of MCA / M.Sc (CS) / M.Sc (IT) / MS Software Engineering candidates are advised to register for M.Tech Research initially and then they can upgrade to Ph.D.
For Ph.D. (Management)
- Aspiring candidates should have passed an MBA or M.E / M.Tech with a first-class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
For Ph.D. (Law)
- Aspiring candidates should have passed a Master’s Degree in law (LLM/ML) from any recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks or a 6.0 CGPA.
For Ph.D. (Integrated)
- Aspiring candidates should have passed a Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology disciplines of Biotechnology / Electronics. OR
- A minimum 80% mark or a CGPA of 8.0 is the primary prerequisite. OR
- Candidates appearing for the final examination can also apply if they meet all the requirements at the time.
VITREE 2023 Syllabus
VIT Ph.D. entrance exam comprises objective-type multiple-choice questions.
|English Communication||Statistics & Probability|
VITREE 2023 Pattern
|For Pd.D Programs|
|Mode of Examination||CBT (Computer Based Examination)|
|Total Number of Questions||100 Questions|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours (120 Mins)|
|Questions Type||MCQs (Multiple Type Questions), Objective Type|
|Medium of Examination||English Medium|
|Marking Scheme||English Communication: 15 Questions|
Statistics & Probability: 15 Questions
Technical: 80 Questions
There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
|For Integrates Ph.D. Programs|
|English Communication: 20 Questions||Technical: 80 Questions|
Note: The written test is followed by a personality test/interview at Vellore or at Chennai Campus.
|Subjects||Technical||English Communication Skills||Statistics and Probability||Total Questions|
|No. of Questions||70||15||15||100|
How to apply for VITREE 2023?
Aspiring candidates can visit the official website i.e., www.vit.ac.in, and follow the instructions given there.
VIT Ph.D. 2023 Exam Dates
VITREE will be held in the month of June.
VIT Ph.D. 2023 Exam Fee
VIT Ph.D. The entrance exam fee is Rs. 1200/-
VIT Ph.D. 2023 Exam Centres
VIT Ph.D. Entrance Examinations will be conducted at the following centers.
- Bhopal, Bangalore
- Chandigarh, Coimbatore
- Kochi, Kolkata, Kolhapur
- Nagpur, New Delhi
- Pune, Patna
- Vellore, Vijayawada
VIT Ph.D. 2023 Exam Contact Details
Director (PG Admissions)
Vellore Institute of Technology
Vellore – 632014, Tamil Nadu, India
Ph: +91-416 220 4600/4800
Fax: +91 – 416 224 5544, 224 9955