JEST 2023: Application (Released), Exam Date (Out), Eligibility
The JEST 2023 application process opened on January 28, 2023. The exam date has been changed. The Science and Engineering Research Board administers the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) (SERB). JEST is an exam that is taken on a nationwide level and is regarded as a National Eligibility Test (NET). It provides admission to Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. programmes in computational biology, theoretical computer science, and physics. Candidates may be admitted to different colleges taking part in this exam. Admission will be based on JEST scores at the many universities taking part in the test, including IISc, IIST, IISER, NISER, and others. Candidates may get detailed information on the JEST 2023 entrance test in this post.
JEST Courses Offered:
The following courses are those to which applicants can be admitted based on their JEST scores:
- D. in Physics
- D. in Theoretical Computer Science
- D. in Neuroscience
- D. in Computational Biology
- Integrated Ph.D. in Physics
- Integrated Ph.D. in Theoretical Computer Science
- Integrated Ph.D. in Neuroscience
- Integrated Ph.D. in Computational Biology
JEST 2023 Overview:-
|Name of the Exam||JEST 2023|
|Full-Form||Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Conducting Body||SERB- Science, and Engineering Research Board|
|Courses Offered||Ph.D./ Integrated Ph.D. program in Physics/ Theoretical Computer Science/ Computational Biology/ Neuroscience|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and paper mode)|
|Date of Exam||19th February 2023|
JEST 2023 Exam Date
In the table given below, we have mentioned the tentative JEST Exam Dates in 2023:
|Online registration begins||1st week of January 2023|
|Last day to register||2nd week of February 2023|
|Last date to apply with a late fee||3rd week of February 2023|
|Admit Card release date||3rd week of February 2023|
|Entrance exam date||19th February 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||1st week of March 2023|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of April 2023|
|Interview process||3rd week of April 2023|
How to Apply JEST 2023?
Step 1: Go to the official website.
Step 2: Candidates have to register themselves before they log in.
Step 3: The candidate must click the “register to sit for the test” link on the homepage in order to register.
Step 4: After enrolling with a legitimate email address, the candidate will get an email containing account details.
Step 5: To reset the password and continue logging in, one should follow the directions provided in the email.
Step 6: Enter your login (your email address) and password to access the JEST webpage. Fill out the form and save it, or edit one that has already been saved.
Step 7: Only after you have completed and checked all of the required fields should you press the “Submit Application” button.
Step 8: Upload your passport photo and scanned signature as jpg files.
Step 9: Use SBI E-pay to pay the application cost online.
Step 10: After submitting the online application, no more action is required.
JEST 2023 Application Form
Candidates must check all the details regarding JEST 2023 Application form below:
- Beginning in the first week of January 2023, applicants who wish to sit for the test must complete an application.
- The candidates must have the proper email address in order for registration to be finished quickly.
- Candidates must complete the application form and provide scanned copies of their identification documents, including a signature in jpg format, along with additional requirements.
- To finish the application procedure, pay the application fee.
- The second week of February 2023 is the last day to register for the JEST 2023 application form.
- The candidate will receive a confirmation on their registered email address after the procedure of submitting the application form has been completed.
- For future reference, the applicant must print off the JEST 2023 application form.
- The application cost can be paid using credit cards, debit cards, and internet banking (online payment gateways).
- Candidates who fall under the General category are required to pay Rs. 800.
- Candidates who fall under the SC and ST categories must pay a fee of Rs. 400.
JEST Eligibility Criteria
Here we have provided the course-wise eligibility (qualifying exam) for JEST 2023:
For Ph.D. Programme:
- While some institutions recognize M.Sc., ME, BE, and B.Tech. degrees in applied mathematics and physics, M.Sc. in physics is the degree of choice.
- Sc. (Physics/Mathematics), BE/B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science, and Neuroscience at NBRC.
- Sc./ ME/ M.Tech in Computer Science or a similar field is required for theoretical computer science at IMS.
- ME/M.Tech/MCA in any subject for computational biology at IMSM.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme:
- IISER, Thiruvananthapuram: B.Sc. (Physics) or BE/ B.Tech in any discipline.
- Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc: B.Tech/ MCA/ BE in Computer Science or a related stream.
JEST 2023 Syllabus
The conducting body will determine the subjects that will be covered by the JEST syllabus. For JEST 2023, a distinct curriculum is provided for each programme. The syllabus will be determined by the authority at the graduation and post-graduate levels.
The details for the JEST syllabus are given below:
For Physics: questions will be asked about electromagnetism, optics, mathematical methods, classical mechanics, thermodynamics, statistical physics, and electronics, among other subjects.
For Theoretical Computer Science: Candidates can learn about subjects like Combinatory, Data Structure and Algorithms, Graph Theory, Principle of Programming, Discrete Mathematics, Analytical Reasoning, and Deduction
JEST 2023 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The test will be administered in offline mode (pen and paper mode).
- Type of Questions: The test will have multiple-choice questions of the following types.
- Total Questions: There will be 50 total questions in the test.
- Exam time: Candidates have three hours to finish the question paper.
- Language: The English language question paper format will be used.
- Section: The test is divided into three sections: A, B, and C.
- For Part A: 3 points are awarded for each correctly answered question. For each incorrect response, one mark will be subtracted.
- Part B: There is no negative grading in this section, and applicants earn 3 marks for accurate responses.
- Part C: The applicant will score 1 point for each accurate response. An inaccurate response will result in a deduction of 1/3 of a mark.
JEST 2023 Preparation Tips:-
- Make a schedule and allot equal amounts of time to each subject.
- View the exam’s official curriculum for further information.
- Use the best available books and study resources.
- Study the sample and practice papers from the previous year.
- Include in your preparation each and every subject covered by the curriculum.
- Take care of your health and avoid stress.
JEST 2023 Exam Centres
JEST exam centers are listed in the table below for candidates’ convenience:
JEST 2023 Admit Card
The JEST Admit Card 2023 will be made available during the second week of February 2023. The applicant needs a printout of the downloaded entrance card and one of your photo IDs in order to enter the testing center. Admit cards will not be delivered by email or the postal service.
Since they won’t be allowed access to the testing center, candidates should carry their admission cards on the day of the exam. An admission card will be provided by the authorities to each candidate who has registered for the exam.
JEST 2023 Answer Key
The JEST Answer Key 2023 will be made available online during the first week of March 2023. The official will make the PDF answer key available. The answer key can be used to compute a candidate’s grade.
Any candidate who has a concern or query about one of the essential issues must report it to the appropriate authorities. Candidates will also have the option to object to the solution key. The completion of the objection facility will precede the publication of the definitive answer key.
JEST 2023 Result
The last week of March 2023 will see the announcement of the JEST Result 2023. The outcome will be made available online. The results will then show up on the screen when the candidates have entered their roll number and birthdate.
For each applicant that took the test, there will be a total merit list and a merit list broken down by category. All applicants who took the entrance exam will receive test-by-test rankings based on their performance throughout test preparation.
JEST 2023 Merit list
For the applicants who took the entrance test, the JEST, and SERB officials will be creating the JEST Merit list. The exam results will be used to create the merit list. When creating the merit list, SERB will take the candidate’s JEST scores into account.
On the JEST website, the applicant who will be chosen for the JEST can see the merit list online. Admission to JEST participating institutes will be granted to those who make the shortlist.
JEST 2023 Counselling
The JEST Counseling 2023 will begin in an online format in the first week of April 2023. The candidate will go through document verification, semester fees, and institute selection during the procedure, according to AIR.
The certificate verification and choice-filling processes are the two main phases in the counseling process. At the time of counseling, candidates must select the college and course they desire to enroll in. According to the candidate’s preferences and entrance exam score, admission will be granted. Candidates must arrive at the designated center with the required documentation:
- 10thmark sheet and certificate
- 12thmark sheet and certificate
- JEST Admit Card & Score Card
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate