NDA 2023: Application (Extended), Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern
The NDA I 2023 Application Withdrawal window opens on January 18, 2023. Exam dates for NDA 2023 have been released. Applications for the second session will be accepted beginning on May 17, 2023. The UPSC holds the NDA (National Defense Academy) examination every year (Union Service Public Commission). Two times a year, a national-level exam of this nature is held. Candidates who pass this exam are admitted to the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force. Candidates that meet the requirements will be chosen for the interview, medical exam, and subsequent phases. We have covered all the essential information about NDA 2023 in this article, including the application form, fee, exam dates, prerequisites, and much more.
NDA 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check here the official exam dates of the NDA 2023 exams:
|Events||Dates (NDA 1)||Dates (NDA II)|
|Notification released||21st December 2022||17th May 2023|
|Start of application form||21st December 2022||17th May 2023|
|Last date to fill the application form||12th January 2023||6th June 2023|
|Last date to pay the application fee||12th January 2023||2nd week of June 2023|
|Correction in OTR details||18th – 24th January 2023||–|
|Withdraw of application||18th – 24th January 2023||June/ July 2023|
|Admit card release date||1st week of April 2023||Last week of August 2023|
|NDA 2023 exam date||16th April 2023||3rd September 2023|
|Declaration of result||April/ May 2023||September 2023|
|Interview||April/ May 2023||September/ October 2023|
NDA 2023 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete details about NDA 2023 Application Form in the given steps:
- Application forms for NDA I and II are currently accessible as of 21 December 2022 and 17 May 2023, respectively.
- Only online applications are accepted; all other forms of application submission are prohibited.
- Part I and Part II of the registration process can be completed separately.
- Basic registration information and other details are included in Part I, while uploaded scanned photos, signatures, fee payments, etc. are included in Part II.
- While completing the application form, you must select a test centre.
- Candidates must carefully fill out all sections of the application, including the personal, academic, and other sections.
- Additionally, for a limited time, the authority will offer candidates the ability to withdraw their applications.
- For NDA I, applications must be submitted by January 12, 2023, and for NDA II, by June 6, 2023.
- Candidates must properly fill out all fields and upload scanned documents in the required format.
- There is no requirement that you mail an application form to the authorities.
- Take a printout of the application form so you have it for reference in the future.
- All candidates must pay a Rs. 100 application fee to sit for the NDA 2023 exam.
- SC, ST, NCOs, Sons of JCOs, and ORS candidates are not required to pay the application cost.
- Payment options for the application fee include credit card, debit card, net banking, and SBI challan.
NDA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria before filling out the application form for NDA 2023:
- Candidates must be Indian citizens, Nepalese, Bhutanese, or Tibetan refugees who entered India before January 1, 1962, with the aim of settling there permanently.
- Candidates who have immigrated to India with the aim of settling there can also apply, including those from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and the east African nations of Zambia, Tanzania, Zaire, Ethiopia, Malawi, and Uganda.
- Foreign nationals must present an eligibility certificate issued by the Indian government, with the exception of Gorkhas.
- Candidates applying for the Air Force & Naval Wings (Cadet admission plan) must have completed the 10+2 class exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the three required subjects.
- Candidates with a 12th-grade diploma are able to apply for the Army Wing.
- Candidates who will be taking the 12th grade are also eligible to apply.
Gender, Age & Marital Status:
- Both male and female candidates will be eligible for NDA 2023.
- Candidates will not be allowed to marry until they complete their training period.
- Applying candidate age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
- For NDA I, the candidate must be born between 2nd July 2004 to 1st July 2007. For NDA II, the candidate must be born between 2nd January 2005 to 1st January 2008.
- Candidates must meet the physical requirements established by the commission or authorities.
- Candidates who have left or quit any military training academy due to disciplinary reasons will not be permitted to sit for the NDA 2023 exam.
NDA 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through the following details regarding NDA Exam Pattern:
- Exam mode: NDA 2023 exam will be administered in an offline manner (Pen-paper based).
- of sections: There will be two sections: a Mathematics section and a GA section.
- Time duration: Candidates will have a total of 5 hours to complete the question paper (2 hours each for the Mathematics & GA section)
- Question Type: Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) of this nature will be included in the exam.
- Language: The question paper will be multilingual, using both English and Hindi.
- Negative marking: will subtract 33% of the total points awarded for the exam.
For the distribution of time duration & marks, check the below table:
|Subjects||Code||Maximum marks||Time duration|
|Mathematics||01||300||2hours 30 min|
|General Ability Test (GA)||02||600||2hours 30 min|
NDA 2023 Syllabus
NDA Syllabus is published online on the website. We have updated the details in our article soon. It consists of various topics from the Mathematics & GA section.
Paper I: Mathematics (Code No. 01):
trigonometry, statistics, and probability, analytical geometry in two and three dimensions, integral calculus, and differential equations, among other topics.
Paper II: English & General Knowledge (Code No. 02)
It will be divided into two sections, Part A for English and Part B for general knowledge.
Part A English
It will mostly be used to test student’s comprehension of English and word usage. Vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, and use of cohesiveness in lengthy text are all covered in the course material. The candidate’s command of English will be evaluated.
Part B: General
It will include a wide range of courses, such as social studies, geography, general science, physics, chemistry, as well as current affairs.
NDA 2023 Preparation Tips
Check the following preparation tips & tricks regarding how to prepare for the NDA examination:
- Make a schedule for studying different subjects and adhere to it religiously.
- To learn more about the specifics, review the whole NDA syllabus and the exam structure.
- Practice tests and work through the exam from the prior year.
- Study from reliable textbooks (NDA Books) via offline and online resources suggested by professionals.
- Eat healthfully and get enough sleep for a fresh mind and body.
- Try yoga to maintain your calm.
- Keep only the most recent week for modification