Astrologer – How to become an Astrologer
Astrology has evolved from a traditional social service to a full-fledged profession that is not just limited to the Indian subcontinent but also practiced worldwide. An Astrologer, also known as an Astrologist, is a skilled professional who interprets the positions of planets, the sun, and the moon to predict future events.
If you have a fascination for the stars, constellations, moons, and other celestial bodies and can perceive their relationship with events occurring on earth, then becoming an astrologer could be the right profession for you. To be a successful Astrologer, you will need to study various subjects such as history, philosophy, and science, and develop a deep understanding of the relationship between celestial bodies and humans.
Roles and Responsibilities of an Astrologer
Astrologers have various roles and responsibilities, which include:
- Providing guidance and advice to clients based on their birth charts, horoscopes, and other astrological tools.
- Interpreting astrological data and making predictions about a client’s future, including their relationships, career, health, and other life events.
- Offering spiritual and emotional support to clients during difficult times, such as personal crises or major life changes.
- Maintaining accurate records of clients’ birth data and astrology readings to ensure the quality of their work.
- Continuously studying and updating their knowledge of astrological practices and techniques.
- Marketing their services and building a strong client base through social media, websites, or referrals.
- Maintaining professional boundaries and ethical standards in their work, including respecting clients’ privacy and confidentiality.
It’s important to note that astrology is not a regulated profession, and there are no universal standards or certifications for astrologers. Therefore, it’s up to individual astrologers to maintain high ethical and professional standards in their practice.
How to become an Astrologer Eligibility
The eligibility norms vary from college to college. Interested students must abide by the eligibility conditions prescribed by the institutions they desire to enroll in. Some of the general eligibility criteria for B.A. Astrology is mentioned here:
- Students of any discipline (Arts, commerce, science) can apply for the course
- They must have completed their (10+2) from a recognized board/ institutions
- A minimum of 50% marks must be acquired in the (10+2) examination
B.A. Astrology Highlights
A few details have been provided about the B.A. Astrology in the following highlight section:
|Course Name||B.A. Astrology|
|Full Name||Bachelor of Arts in Astrology|
|Eligibility||(10+2) in any discipline|
|Selection Criteria||Direct/Entrance exam-based admission|
|Average Course Fee||INR 5000- INR 20,000|
|Job Profiles||Astrologist, Tarot Card Reader, Hand Reader, Numerologist, Palm Reader, etc.|
|Recruiting Companies||Nakshatra Astrology, Ganeshspeaks, AstroVed, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 2.0 Lakhs- INR 24.9 Lakhs|
The B.A. The astrology degree program is a unique 3-year undergraduate course that covers calculating planetary trajectories, astronomy, and palm reading. Graduates can pursue careers as astrologers, numerologists, tarot card readers, or fortune tellers. While less popular than other BA courses, several Indian colleges and universities offer the program, providing career opportunities to interested candidates.
Career Prospects for Astrologers
As an unorganized sector, astrology still offers promising career prospects for aspiring astrologers. With today’s busy lifestyles, many people seek celestial interventions to solve their problems, creating a high demand for astrologers.
Job Summary: We are seeking an experienced astrologer to provide guidance and advice to our clients. The ideal candidate should have a strong knowledge of astrology practices, including horoscopes, birth charts, and planetary positions, and be able to interpret astrological data to make predictions about clients’ future prospects.
- Meet with clients to gather birth data and conduct astrology readings
- Interpret astrological data to make predictions and offer guidance to clients
- Maintain accurate records of client data and astrology readings
- Stay up-to-date with current astrological practices and techniques
- Build and maintain a strong client base through marketing and referrals
- Provide spiritual and emotional support to clients during difficult times
- Maintain professional boundaries and adhere to ethical standards in all interactions with clients
- Bachelor’s degree in astrology, spiritual studies, or related field (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in astrology practice
- Strong knowledge of astrology practices and techniques, including horoscopes, birth charts, and planetary positions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Strong marketing and business development skills
Top Undergraduate Astrology Courses
Some of the top availed courses and their respective colleges offering Astrology at the UG level are tabulated below,
|Course Name||Name of the Colleges||Average Fees||Duration|
|Bachelor in Art in Astrology||Indian Institute of Astrology||INR 2,300||3 years|
|Sastra University||INR 1,17,000||3 years|
|Madurai Kamaraj University||INR 2,500||3 years|
The salary for this position is negotiable and will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Benefits may include health insurance, vacation time, and retirement plans.
If you have a passion for astrology and helping people, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.