B.Tech Admission in Kolkata 2023
Kolkata, also known as Calcutta, is the capital of the Indian state of West Bengal. The city is known for its rich cultural heritage and is home to several prestigious educational institutions.
Admission to colleges and universities in Kolkata for the academic year 2023 is currently ongoing. The process for admission varies depending on the institution and the course of study.
Admission Procedure Kolkata
The process for securing a place in a four-year B.Tech course in Kolkata involves both national and state-level entrance exams. Candidates with higher scores on these exams will have a greater chance of being admitted to the program.
To finalize the admission process, candidates must participate in the counseling procedure and be allocated a seat in their chosen college. Once the seat is allocated, it is necessary for the candidate to report to the allocated college to complete the admission formalities.
Top Engineering Colleges in Kolkata
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- Bengal Engineering and Science University (BESU), Howrah
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT), Kolkata
- Institute of Engineering and Management (IEM), Kolkata
- Heritage Institute of Technology (HIT), Kolkata
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), Kolkata
These are just a few of the top engineering colleges in West Bengal. It’s important to note that the ranking of these institutions may change from year to year, and it’s always a good idea to research and compare multiple sources before making a final decision. Additionally, it’s also important to consider factors such as location, campus facilities, and the specific programs offered when choosing a college.
B.Tech Admission in Kolkata 2023
Here, candidates check the basic eligibility criteria to sit for the entrance exam:
- Candidate should hold Indian nationality.
- Candidates should pass the 12th or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have Physics, Mathematics, and anyone (Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational) in the qualifying exam.
- The minimum marks in the 12th class are 45% (40% marks for reserved category candidates).
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
The selection process for the program begins with the publication of ranks for candidates based on their performance in the written test. Those who are shortlisted will be invited to participate in the counseling process. During counseling, candidates will have the opportunity to express their preferences for colleges and streams. Seats will be allocated based on candidates’ ranks, availability of seats, and their expressed preferences. Once a seat is allotted, candidates will be required to report to the assigned college to complete the remaining admission formalities.
Candidates have to bring these original certificates along with one set of Xerox copies for participating in the counseling.
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet
- 10th and 12th class passing certificates
- Domicile certificate
- Character certificates
- Entrance exam rank card and admit card
- Category certificate
- Passport size photograph