Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering
The Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination, also known as VIT EEE, is held by the institution to admit students to the first year of the B.Tech in the engineering disciplines listed below.
BE programs available in the institute
|Biotechnology||Bioinformatics||Bio Medical Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Chemical Engineering||Computer Science & Engineering||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Electronics & Chemical Engineering|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||Information Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical & Energy Engineering|
B.Tech programs offered at the proposed Chennai campus
|Civil Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Electronics & Communication Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering 2023 Important Date
- Date of Notification and Start Online Registration
12th November 2022
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form
31st March 2023
- Date of Entrance Exam
15th April to 21st April 2023
- Date for Declaration of Result
Yet to be announced.
- VITEEE 2022 was held on-
30th June 2022 – 06th July 2022
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering 2023 Eligibility
- A passing grade in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% in math, science, and either biology or chemistry (PCM/PCB).
- For SC/ST candidates, students from Jammu and Kashmir, and those from the Northeastern states of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram, and Arunachal Pradesh, the requirement is a pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in physics, chemistry, mathematics, or biology (PCM/PCB).
Note – Candidates in physics chemistry, and mathematics (PCM) are accepted into all programmes.
- Only B.Tech programmes in bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, and biotechnology are open to candidates for the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) major.
Important – Candidates who will be taking the 10+2 test in the relevant year’s March/April are also eligible to apply. They should have, nevertheless, studied in a regular, full-time, formal stream in the school.
- Candidate should be more than 21 years at the time of applying for the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (Ex. Candidates born on or after 1st July 1994 are eligible to apply for VITEEE) entrance.
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering 2023 Pattern
VITEEE consists of objective multiple choice type questions to be completed in 2 Hrs. 30 Min.
|Type of Questions||Objective type|
|Total Number of Questions||125|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Number of Sessions||3 sessions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each question|
|Negative Marking Scheme||No marks deduction for wrong answers|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based|
VITEEE 2023 Syllabus
The VIT-EEE entrance exam consists of questions from the basic syllabus of the Higher Secondary Exam.
|Properties of Matter, Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics, Law of Motion & Work, Energy and Power, Current Electricity, Optics, Electro-Statics, Current, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Semiconductor Devices and their Applications, Nuclear Physics.||Atomic Structure, Isomerism in Organic Compounds, Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives, Carbonyl Compounds, P-Block elements, D and F-Block Elements, Coordination Chemistry, and Solid State Chemistry, Electro-chemistry, Alcohols and Ethers, Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics.||Human Health and Diseases, Taxonomy, Biotechnology, and its Applications, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics and Evolution, Reproduction, Cell, and Molecular Biology, Biodiversity, Ecology, and Environment.||Differential Equations, Vector Algebra, Probability Distributions, Integral Calculus, and its Applications, Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions, Trigonometry and Complex Numbers, Differential Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions, Matrices and their Applications.||English Grammar, Reading Comprehension (Short Passage or Line of Poems), Grammar.|
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering 2023 Exam Dates
This exam is normally held in the month of April/May.
How to apply for VITEEE Exam 2023?
In order to apply for the position, prospective candidates should go to the official website, www.vit.ac.in, and follow the guidelines there.
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering 2023 Exam Fees
|Application Form Type||Fees|
|Cost of OMR application form||Rs. 1200/- (inclusive of GST)|
|Cost of online application form||Rs. 1150/- (inclusive of GST)|
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering 2023 Test Centres
Vellore Institute of Technology Entrance Exam is conducted at the following centers:
Centers situated in India
- Agartala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Aligarh, Allahabad, Anantapur, Asansol, Aurangabad (Maharashtra)
- Bangalore, Bareilly, Berhampur, Bhagalpur, Bathinda, Bhilai, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Bokaro
- Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore
- Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur
- Gangtok, Goa, Gorakhpur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior
- Hissar, Hubli, Hyderabad
- Indore, Itanagar
- Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur
- Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Kota, Kozhikode, Kurukshetra
- Lucknow, Ludhiana
- Madurai, Mahabubnagar, Mangalore, Moradabad, Mumbai, Muzzafarpur
- Nagpur, Nashik, Nellore, Nizamabad, Noida
- Pant Nagar, Patna, Port Blair, Puducherry, Puna
- Raebareli, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Rajkot, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela
- Salem, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar, Siliguri, Surat
- Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati
- Udaipur, Ujjain
- Vadodara, Varanasi, Vellore, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam
Note: NRI students can apply online at www.vit.ac.in.
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering 2023 Contact Details
91-416-220-2125, 91-416-330-5555 :
Director -UG Admission, VIT University
Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu
Phone: +91 416 220 2125
Fax: +91 416 224 5544/0411
Administrative Officer, VIT University – Chennai Campus :
Vandalur-Kelambakkam RoadChennai – 600 127
Phone +91-44-3993 1555, 3993 1008
Fax: +91 44 3993 2555
Chennai City Office :
New No. 6, (Old No. W-73)
Second Street (Opposite Towers Club)
Anna Nagar, Chennai – 600 040
Phone: 044-42016555, 65480555, Fax: 044-26222555
The brochure and application form will be mailed normally in the third week of December.