About S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences – SNBNCBS
S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS) is a premier research institution which is involved in advanced scientific research in frontier areas. It is funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The Institute offers Ph.D. Programs in a number of areas. It was established in 1986 named after scientist Satyendra Nath Bose.
Advanced Material Research Unit – It is a specialized unit set up for facilitating interdisciplinary research in advanced materials. It is involved in promoting computation-based research, so as to have a complete and fundamental understanding of advanced materials. The unit will also network with different computational groups outside S.N. Bose Centre, both nationally and internationally. It will contribute to manpower training in terms of organizing workshops and summer schools and having visitors from universities and other research institutes within India.
Unit for Nanoscience and Technology.
Location – Click here for Google Map Location.
- Netaji Subhash Airport, Kolkata (Calcutta).
- Prepaid Taxis are available (Land Mark Tank No. 14, Salt Lake City).
Nearest Railway Stations:
- Howrah Station and Sealdah Station.
- Prepaid taxis are available at both stations. At Howrah you can cross the river by ferry to Babu Ghat and then take either a taxi or a bus 239.
Buses from various destinations:
- From Ultadanga : 32A, 47/1 to Tank No. 14.
- From Gariahat : AS2 (Jadavpur to Newtown) to Stadium Island, W3 to Niccopark.
- From Sealdah Station : 47/1, 239, Saltlake-BBD Bag Minibus to Tank No. 14.
- From Howrah Station : Mourigram-Bakultala Minibus via Howrah to Tank No 13 and then cycle-rickshaw, 239B and S-12 to Nicco Park-cross the canal using foot bridge and then cycle rickshaw.
Faculty / Departments
- Theoretical Sciences.
- Material Sciences.
- Chemical, Biological & Macro-Molecular Sciences.
- Astrophysics and Cosmology.